Blog Posts – the key to successful organic search engine optimisation …
Last week a client whose website we built asked for feedback on how they’re going with writing their own blog posts. While the standard of the writing is high and the information is useful to their target market, the post was completely lacking in any clues to help search engines, including Google, rank the post well.
SEO optimisation for people AND Google
Here’s what you want to do to get Google to pay attention to your blog posts:
- Write with the goal of providing useful content to your target market.
- After writing your first draft, write the post title, making sure you include the keyword phrase you want your post to rank for – note that the title of this post includes the phrase ‘organic seo’ , the phrase I want to rank for.
- Review your post from the perspective of making it easier for your visitors to read and add subheadings so they can quickly scan the post to see if they want to invest their time in reading it. This also beaks the post up visually, making it look more inviting.
- Next, review those subheadings you just wrote from the perspective or search engine optimisation. Can you tweak the subheadings to include the search phrases you want to rank for?
- Finally, review the text itself – have you included your keywords and keyword phrases or their synonyms throughout the text? If you haven’t, then how can Google know what your focus keywords are?
Optimise your images for search engines too!
Image optimisation is probably the most overlooked aspect of organic optimisation on most websites. Google optimises posts and pages based on the WORDS i.e. keywords on the page, so you must add READABLE words to your images. Here’s how you can do that:
- ALWAYS include an image in a blog post. Statistics show that posts with images are 50% more likely to be read than posts without images.
- Before uploading your image change the file name to include the keywords you want to use in your organic seo strategy for this post. The image in this post is named: Organic_SEO.jpg
- When you upload your image ALWAYS take advantage of the ALT tag and the caption to use your keyword phrases. Again, this is helpful to Google and to your readers. Often, the first thing a visitor to a new page will do is to read the caption below the image to help them decide if they want to read the content on this page.
Don’t have the time or interest to do your own organic SEO?
I appreciate that learning to do all these little organic SEO tactics may not be the best use of your time if you are a busy business owner, and that’s why I have a team ready and willing to do it for you. We can review your existing posts and tweak them to be more search engine friendly, or we can write your posts for you, based on the key points you provide, including organic optimisation of your content and of any images you provide or that we create for you. Now that’s REALLY organic SEO made easy 🙂
You can pick up this time saving, stress busting service as part of my Fix My Website package.
The Hubsite Builder Team