Lost or forgotten your WordPress website’s password?
Here’s how to reset it:
- Go to your login page. It may be something like yourdomain.com/wp-admin or yourdomain.com/login
- Look below the usual login fields for the words “Lost your password?”
- Click on those words.
- A new window will open where you can add the email address associated with your logins.
- Check your email and click on the link inside that email that asks you to reset your password.
- Follow the link and choose a new, secure password. You will not be able to use your previous one.
- Make sure you make a note of your new password! You may want to use a password manager like RoboForm
RoboForm has free and paid versions. I use RoboForm Everywhere (paid) so my logins and passwords sync on all my devices.
What if you can’t even get to your login page?
If you have good security software installed on your website and you have made lots of failed login attempts in a short period of time, the security software may lock you out.
That’s what it’s designed to do!
So then you will want to contact your website developer and ask them to release the lockout from their master security console.
If you’re a Hubsite Builder client you can get more help by sending an email to support[@]hubsitebuilder.com.au