Biggest marketing mistake ever – using your ISP’s free email address!
Two good reasons NOT to use your internet service provider’s email address
- It looks and is unprofessional! A domain-based email is a significant part of your core branding strategy – and VERY good value. Your investment is under $20 per year for your domain name and around $145 per year for the hosting, which will also house your website.
- You’re locked in! What will happen to your email account if you switch internet service providers? Especially if you have been using this email address for business communications? You’ve locked yourself in and may be missing out on a good deal elsewhere because you feel that you can’t start over!
How to handle the change to a domain based email address
- You could arrange for a redirection of your ISP email to your new domain email address.
- Better still, arrange for a short auto reply from your old address that says something like, “Thank you for your email. I do want to hear from you but this address is no longer in use. Please send this and all future emails to email@example.com”
Need a domain name or hosting for your professional email account?
- Hubsite Domains for all your .com domains (I do NOT recommend this site for hosting or email hosting, just for domain names)
- GoDaddy for your .com.au domain names (I do NOT recommend this site for hosting or email hosting, just for domain names)
Email and website hosting:
- Hubsite Hosting – affordable hosting with added, optional security features.
- Choose the standard plan for just email hosting
- OR choose the professional plan for email + website hosting + extra security features.