What are responsive websites?
Responsive web design is the approach to designing and developing a website so that it is optimised for a wide range of devices, from mobile phones to tablets to desktop computers. An optimised experience allows users to read and navigate the website with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling.
How do responsive websites work?
Basically, the menus, images and page content respond to the size of the screen you are using by rearranging themselves so that you only have to scroll up and down to read the whole page – a much easier and faster experience that scrolling from side to side or having to enlarge the text…
And here are 3 good reasons why every business needs their website to be responsive …
- In the last quarter of the financial year, FOUR TIMES MORE mobile and handheld devices were sold globally than desktop computers – a fact tells its own story.
- Most smart phone owners use their phones and tablets to browse the internet daily. How easily can they read your website content?
- If you are the owner of an established or mature business, chances are that your website is past its prime, both in terms of organic search engine ranking and being user friendly by being responsive. Help your visitors to stay on your website and make it easy for them to find what they’re looking for.
Your next steps:
- If you are the owner of a mature business who knows you need to move your online presence into the future, I want you to recognise that the future is here, now!
- Identify the marketing features you want in your new responsive website. Use this article about what to do before you even think about how your website should look, as a guide to setting your priorities.
- Find out how to upgrade to a responsive website:
Looking forward to helping your responsive website work FOR you!