Why you want a blog for your business…
Nina Hendry of Smart Company Australia writes about the rules and rewards of blogging as a strategy to build your business and uncoverd these facts about blog readers:
- 89% are swayed by a blogger’s review of a product or service and would like to try it for themselves.
- 89% make the purchasing decisions in their household and of these, 87% have learnt about a new product or service via a blog.
- 81% notice banner advertisements displayed next to the blogs they read.
- 90% pass on blog information to family and friends.
- 92% have used a search engine to find out more about a brand after reading about it on a blog post.
- 78% agree that blogs are a better source of information than traditional and mainstream media.
I can almost hear you saying, “But what if I can’t write?”
He reminds us that:
- content marketing is the most effective way to promote your business
- you can choose to write the content yourself or pay someone to write it for you
- the internet has many quality resources to help you either find a writer or to learn to upgrade your own writing skills.
Read the entire article by James Chartrand on Copy Blogger here.
Examples of Business Blogs:
I especially encourage you to check out these two business blogs recommended by Brad:
- Darren Rouse’s ProBlogger.com where bloggers can meet to collaborate, learn and grow their blogs
- Valerie Khoo’s ValerieKhoo.com which provides a range of news, snippets and tips on running a successful small business, particularly the importance of storytelling in your marketing and writing.
Have your say about blogging to boost your business
Found these resources useful? Know other useful resources for business bloggers? Let us know by leaving a comment below…
Here’s To Getting YOUR Business Found Online!