Why you want a blog for your business…
Nina Hendry of Smart Company Australia writes about the rules and rewards of blogging as a strategy to build your business and uncoverd these facts about blog readers:
- 89% are swayed by a blogger’s review of a product or service and would like to try it for themselves.
- 89% make the purchasing decisions in their household and of these, 87% have learnt about a new product or service via a blog.
- 81% notice banner advertisements displayed next to the blogs they read.
- 90% pass on blog information to family and friends.
- 92% have used a search engine to find out more about a brand after reading about it on a blog post.
- 78% agree that blogs are a better source of information than traditional and mainstream media.
I can almost hear you saying, “But what if I can’t write?”
He reminds us that:
- content marketing is the most effective way to promote your business
- you can choose to write the content yourself or pay someone to write it for you
- the internet has many quality resources to help you either find a writer or to learn to upgrade your own writing skills.
Read the entire article by James Chartrand on Copy Blogger here.
Examples of Business Blogs:
I especially encourage you to check out these two business blogs recommended by Brad:
- Darren Rouse’s ProBlogger.com where bloggers can meet to collaborate, learn and grow their blogs
- Valerie Khoo’s ValerieKhoo.com which provides a range of news, snippets and tips on running a successful small business, particularly the importance of storytelling in your marketing and writing.
Here’s To Getting YOUR Business Found Online!