Welcome to Session 3 of 7 in your FREE eCourse, Beginner’s B.O.O.S.T.S. To Getting Found Online, valued at $97.
Session 2 identified some specific action steps you can take, starting with blogging frequently. Session 3 reveals why you want to optimize every post, page and picture to get first-page ranking on major search engines like Google.
B.O.O.S.T.S. Session 3 – Optimize every post, page & picture
- Why you want to optimize every post, page and picture.
- What keywords are and how they impact your site’s search engine ranking.
- How to optimize your posts, pages & images to maximize your search engine ranking.
- Tools to support your optimization options.
Why you want to optimize every post, page & picture
You discovered in your previous session that Google promotes pages that have the best match of page content to page title and page description. The best way of ensuring that Google can identify the core content of your post or page is to use your keywords frequently but naturally in every post and page.
Why is this useful?
- Search engines give higher ranking to those web pages with content that matches the title and description of the page.
- Some parts of a page are more powerful than others for keyword placement.
- Search engines cannot read videos or pictures, so you want to use your keywords in their descriptions.
What are keywords?
Your keywords are the words that searchers will type into the search box when they’re looking for the type of product or service that you provide. So from the searcher’s point of view they are search terms or search words, and from your point of view as the business owner and the website owner, they are keywords. They are in fact the words that are the key to getting your business found online!
How to optimise your posts, pages & pictures
Keyword optimization is a really important aspect of organic search engine optimization. Organic search engine optimization is when a page of your website ranks highly in search engine results without you paying for ad placement – in other words, it’s free!
Good quality organic SEO is a complex process and ideally, you want to integrate the process into the structure of your website like we do at HubSite Builder, but there are some basic steps that everyone can follow to get some improvement.
- Thoroughly research your keywords before you begin.
- Also, research the keywords being used by your main competitors.
- Use your keywords in your page title, headings, and subheadings.
- Make sure the keywords you use on any one page relate to the overall theme of your website.
- Remember that little things count, so always use your keywords in the description of any pictures or images that you use.
- Always use your keywords naturally to avoid what is known as ‘keyword stuffing’ on your post or page.
- Keywords used in text that links to another page or website can be particularly powerful.
Tools for optimisation success
Here are a couple of links to tools that I have found useful:
- Google Keyword Tool (free)
- Market Samurai Keyword Analysis Tool (free trial)
- Hubsite Builder Organic SEO Services – ask at our support desk support[@]hubsitebuilder.com.au
B.O.O.S.T.S. Session 4 – One purpose per page
Look in your email In-box next week for Session 4, where we will reveal:
- Why you want to build each website page with one clear purpose in mind.
- The different types of pages you may want to use on your website.
- How using specific types of pages can train your customers to do what you want them to do.
- Tools to support your page building options.
Until then, here’s to your powerful online presence,